Topcon CL-300 Lensmeter
What is it?
CL-300 is a computerized lensmeter manufactured by Topcon. A lensmeter or lensometer is an instrument that is used to verify the prescription of eyeglasses and sunglasses. The addition of special lens support can also verify the power of contact lenses. Topcon CL-300 combines innovative technology with ease-of-use features to measure the prescription. It utilizes an ultraviolet (UV) transmission measurement function that precisely measures the power of different lenses.
Topcon CL-300 measures the deflection of a fixed number of light rays produced by your eyeglass or lens. This measurement is done by an array of photodiodes present inside the lensmeter.
These measurements are then fed into the system, which then calculates the different lens parameters. The values are digitally displayed on the large LCD monitor. They can be recorded or printed as required.
What are its uses?
Topcon CL-300 Lensmeter is used by optometrists or eye doctors to determine and verify the correct prescription in your eyeglasses or contact lenses. They are also used to orient and mark uncut glasses properly so that your eyeglasses have the exact refractive power as required.
Topcon CL-300 can also be used before an eye examination if you have lost your eyeglass prescription. The lensmeter can determine your prescription from just your eyeglasses.
CL-300 can also measure the amount of ultraviolet transmission through the glasses. This will let you know how much your sunglasses are shielding you from UV rays.
The lens parameters evaluated by Topcon CL-300 are:
What to expect while undergoing the test with the machine?
Remove your eyeglasses and hand them over to your ophthalmologist or optometrist. They will then place your eyeglasses, one side at a time, on the Topcon CL-300 lensmeter. You simply need to relax while the lensmeter figures out your eyeglass or contact lens prescription.
What are the advantages?
- It provides comprehensive data to both the eyeglass wearers and optometrists.
- The computerized lensmeter minimizes human errors while measuring prescription.
- UV measurement provides reliable measurement outcomes for eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Greenlight reading ray used in Topcon CL-300 enhances measurement precision.
- Measurements are obtained quickly, easily, and accurately.
- It can measure a wide range of eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions.
- Topcon CL-300 can measure both hard and soft contact lens prescriptions.